View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Friend Of Bill

The elimination of alcohol is but only the beginning we have to stop drinking first then apply the 12 steps because drinking is only a symptom or ideas attitudes and behaviors have to change the 12 steps help us to recreate our lives to face and be rid of the things in our selves which are blocking us from the sunlight of the Spirit meetings help we don't drink today it's difficult to have the mindset never going to drink again we simply don't drink today the 12 steps help to discover one day at a time I lived in two worlds I lived in the past filled with regret and resentment when the past didn't own I lived in the future filled with anxiety and anticipation I was never here I was never now being sober is one part of the equation being in recovery is the fun part sober simply means not drunk to recover means to return to health from sickness there are a lot of fun things to do once we recreate our life in live in today happy and peaceful we learn love and forgiveness simply try and find a meeting get with people who are exactly like you you'll find a but can a coffee pot and a handshake and guidance