View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

Should I settle for the sober life I know I can maintain?
my answer would be sortof. I had to settle for that life then slowly add in other things gingerly as i could. Like you said with your routine of youtube videos games and work an find a way to remain sober. I have a routine that I've basicly boxed myself into that helps maintain my sanity and keep me sober. I use the words boxed myself into because I feel that way sometimes like I'm stuck in this routine because it works not because its always what i wanna do tho most of the time it is. As soon as my routine gets screwed with i get anxious angry or frustrated and tend to desire a drink. I htink it feeds the OCD to have this routine but it also keeps it in check in a positive way IE i exercise and dont drink etc..

I had to figure out how to be happy with what is and just leave things at that.

So yeah for me i had to just kinda accept the routine i settle into that kept my anxiety and frustrations at bay keeps my life manageable and keeps me from wanting to run to the liquor store.

Does my routine stink sometimes? yeah someone comes along and asks me to do something at saturday at 10am and My routine says no you cant go. then I'm faced with great anxiety do i change up my routine and go? or do i just continue on with what works. If i'm up to it I go and change my routine if not i dont. I also try and keep in mind how will said activity affect me later IE is this person likely to **** me off and leave me feeling drained and angry the rest of the day? if so? maybe I shoudlnt go etc..

I dont want to be on meds or drugs or booze or cigarrettes or food addictions etc.. So i work really hard to try and keep things manageable in other ways hoping i can avoid all of that.