View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
KeyofC

((BF)) awesome 30! Congrats to you!
Hey everyone!
Stressful family holiday gathering yesterday. Already I felt beat up from I'm guessing PAWS and all the other death gripping emotions that are ripping my insides up! Drinking flows heavily there all before 11 am. Wine, whiskey, and beer going strong when we arrived. Everyone except me, my husband, and children were pouring in the cheer. It was always my reason to get smashed too. Yearly family gathering of dysfunction. Being in a room full of family who are actually strangers and you see them once a year but they want to act like they know you and love you. They all asked about my fb posts. I post recovery things and I'll say I'm grateful for 126 days, but I haven't came out on fb. Only because I don't want it to affect my job or people I work with. Some know but I don't broadcast it yet on fb. So I told them I don't drink anymore. They asked if I was drinking too much and I said yes. That was about it. Moved on. They said they were happy for me and moved on.
Anyway the next celebration will be just as hard and I know my husband will drink there. It's his family so he won't feel like he has to shield me from anything there. It's not jus responsibility anyway. Feeling a little more "up" now so I think I'm finding better tools to help me through paws and overwhelming emotions sometimes it just is what it is. Have a wonderful day! ((Hug))!