View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nocellphone
Cruelty-Free

Originally Posted by reikihelps
What do I do with the fear that grips me when he goes out?
A friend assured me that my Higher Power loves my loved ones even more than I do (as diffucult as it may be for me to believe that at times)... I'd suggest turning him and his care over to your HP. For me, I go back to the first three Steps whenever fear takes over:

1)I can't;
2)HP can;
3)I think I'll let Him/Her/It!

How do I go about choosing a sponsor?
Any advice on what I should look for?
I listened to people share in meetings and sought someone who'd "been where I'd been" and was now in a place, emotionally and spiritually, where I'd like to be. Also, the sponsor I chose was always able, no matter what the subject, to relate the topic back to the Steps. And, of course, he's the same gender as I am (makes things less complicated when discussing those touchy intimate issues). I agree with the idea of asking HP for guidance in this area. It certainly worked for me.

I'm reading Alanon literature daily, praying daily and getting exercise. Any other suggestions?
Meetings, meetings, meetings... and service when you feel comfortable (even something as "small" as setting up the meeting room, putting out literature, etc.). Service helps me stay connected!

Keep coming back!