Old 11-20-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Dimndaruf

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dimndaurf......I'm.....sorry, more info. just got posted (while I was writing my post).

do you feel safe from him in your parent's home? I think that is an important point, here.
I would say....begin alanon as soon as possible....you will begin to get the kind of support that you need.
I will go further and say that individual counseling for YOURSELF in addition to alanon. I have noticed that this is what those on this forum say was the thing that helped them to extract themselves from the H*** that they were living in.....
Also, if you haven't already done it...I suggest that you get a copy of "Co-dependent No More".....and begin reading it.....

Being so much in fear that he will be angry could be a big sign of co-dependency.....
If he is abusive.....beyond just being angry....then it becomes a different matter, of course.....

The fact that he is sooo private....that is his problem....(sounds l ike a big excuse to hide from life, to me).
If you want to protect your son....you will have to grow a thicker skin.....lol...

dandylion
I do feel safe in my parent's home. I have begun al-anon I've been going to therapy for quite some time now.