View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LiveInPeace

Originally Posted by myuo View Post
I am so not spiritual or religious, so i cant find any connection for the steps,but i am very stong, but if i was that strong i would not be writing this in the first place
It does not matter that you are not spiritual or religious. I wasn't either. I became spiritual as I did the steps.

Read the a, b, c's again in the big book. That's all you need to get right now....that you're an alcoholic and your life is unmanageable, that no human power could help, and that a higher power of your conception, energy, science, wherever your strength comes from, whatever it is right now, could if one was sought. That's it. Don't get caught up with analyzing it. If you believe in whatever "power" makes the sun set and rise, that is good enough.

Remember that Step 3 is a DECISION, not an action step.

Sobriety has absolutely nothing to do with how strong you are as a person. This is not about self-will, strength, will power, discipline, knowledge. No human power, no matter how strong, can conquer the disease of addiction. I hope this helps. Sometimes my posts are too wordy but I'm trying my best to be clear and not confuse you.