Old 11-18-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
helpimalive
Professional zombie fighter

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I don't have health issues, but my body hates the booze too. Just a couple drinks and I'll have insomnia for days, anxiety, it just doesn't work for me. Xo
This makes me think. I'm the opposite. My body tolerates alcohol well and always did. Even drinking serious amounts of alcohol daily, I rarely got bad hangovers, I've never had any withdrawal symptoms other than difficulty sleeping, and no matter how much I drank, I didn't become overtly ridiculous in my behavior. It was routine for me to wake up after a black out that lasted hours, and to be told by the people I was with that I was acting perfectly normal the whole night, they had no idea I had drank as much as I had or enough to black out. I never passed out in inappropriate places or wet the bed or any of that, despite several years steady, pretty high alcohol intake.

So maybe because my body chemistry or whatever made it physically less taxing to ramp up my drinking quicker, that's part of why it happened. And once it had happened, it wasn't gonna unhappen, so I was just pretty much wasted all the time, every chance I got, which is not conducive to life.

This possibility makes me feel a little better.