Thread: Thanks
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Talkinandwalkin

Thanks

Hey guys just want to say thanks. I quit drinking 7 months ago. I used the forums starting about a week after I quit. Really helped me to stay on the path.
I did not realize I was an alcoholic until after I ended up in the hospital with withdrawals after coming off of a couple of week bender. Funny part was the hospital did not realize it either. They thought I had a heart problem. I know it is difficult to imagine someone being that dense or deluded. I quit without AA or any professional help. I did not realize how dangerous until I sought out this forum to have something to relate to. I definitely suggest meeting with your doctor first. I just prayed a lot and took long walks. Thankfully they were answered. I can not believe how truly better my life has become in short order.
I went from staring at the bottom of an abyss to being truly blessed and happier than I ever could have imagined. When you are thinking if it is worth it. It is! My life has improved as a husband, father and provider in short order. Thanks to all of you for motivation and most importantly to the lord!