View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
gleefan

Stargazer - Very inspiring! Thank you!! I had absolutely no pink cloud either. It took focus for me to stay sober.

((((Key)))) - One of the many things I like about my sponsor is her ability to teach me to see things in their right size. From the glimpse we get of you here, I can reasonably suspect that your fears and insecurities are unfounded. Remember we can be your sounding board any time you need us. We're also going to be your biggest cheerleaders as you develop your positive sober inner monologue.

Tonight I wrapped up steps 4 and 5 with my sponsor. It's been a powerful experience working on the steps with my sponsor. Like Saskia said, there are many different effective ways to support your recovery.

This weekend and next the family is headed out of town to youth hockey tournaments. I had my last drunk at one of these tournaments, and the realization that I was lucky to come to after a long night of partying.

Last season was my first as a sober person. I DESPISED going to these tournaments last season. Hockey parents are notorious partiers and in my active alcoholism, these weekends were nothing more than an excuse to drink all weekend.

I've learned to carve out my own little bits of sober happiness and fun during these weekends. I do a bit of shopping, go out to eat with the group, hang with the kids, grab coffee with a couple closer friends -- and, yes, even find AA meetings. In fact there's one I'm looking forward to in Massachusetts on Thanksgiving weekend that I enjoyed last year.

Keep at it Undies while your miracle waits to come true.