View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 03:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Hi there SS. I understand the confusion about my mom. That is because I deal with it like I was a child. I believe there are reasons for that though. I loved my mom very much, but she was really emtionally unavailable to me growing up. We had a great relationship with her, which is very hard to explain, but everyone was like my moms, mom. She had such a child like way about her. I believe I was mothering her from when I was very yound and on. But so did the rest of my family. She was often in the psyc. ward, so she left me alot. Sometimes she's go a couple times a year for 6 weeks at a time. She just wasn't able to help herself. I believe there are those people. I don't want to be one. I had always put up a VERY strong front, even though I would be dying on the inside. i think that is just something you learn to do. I think that is why I deal with her death so poorly. I did not have a mom figure, I had in a sense a child, and she was gone to often, so losing her the last time was just to much for me. As well as others in my family, and my husband. She was truly a one of a kind gem. I really struggle with her death.
Your father sounds like a wonderful man, and strong!! Does he live here? Smart, and resourcful. That is great that he is a help to you. Your husbadn also sounds wonderful. As long as he loves you, and you love him, you will be ok SS. I know you will. IF you have to go back, he will go with you he said? That should bring some comfort to you. Would be be able to go there, and start a life? I don't know much about leaving this country. Just some, sbout coming here, as my cousin, who I am pretty close to, is married to a man she met on a cruise ship, he is from Jamaica, he is a great man. She really is lucky. He is a citizen now, he got that a few years ago. He worked on the ship. She kept going on cruises His cruises. Funny thing, he really didn't care for the US, and would have been just as happy going back to his home. But she would not leave her family, they go every year to Jamaica and visit his family for a few weeks. But she really struggled and was VERY, VERY fearful of the INS. They aren't very nice from my understanding. I BELIEVE they should have much better targets in the US, than a happily married woman, attempting to get her life back in order. Please continue to search for a better Lawyer, that may make a difference? I hope.

Well, I had planned on doing some things today, but I didn't Do nothing. I am soon going to get up, and get moving. Sick, it's almost 6pm. and I am thinking about getting moving. DUMB ME!@!!! I just have trouble getting moving. It's like 95 here or something, and EXTREMELY humid. I don't even know where you live, but this weather may be heading your way.

Well, have a great night, day, when ever you read this. I ALWAYS wish the best for you!!! We are definately better people having gone through what we have been through. I always feel that peopel in recovery can actually be in a better place than some that have never had an addiction, we have endured so much, and we learn so much along the way during recovery,. I think we can tend to be more understanding and appreciative, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes. Just look at this WONDERFUL group here at SR, what a great group of understanding people.

Love ya, Becky