Old 11-16-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
OpenTuning

Step12, it's terrific that you have 10 years of sobriety. That is a huge positive for your life. It's obvious what approach worked for you to get there, and I'm thrilled for you that it worked.

But as you have 10 years sober, and you are saying on here that you continue to have issues that you're struggling with, I'm wondering if perhaps they are not alcohol related? That whatever benefits the AA approach brings, or indeed any approach to quitting alcohol, they might not provide all the answers to the issues in your life? It feels, and I could be wrong about this, that you're hoping that by successfully going through the 12 steps, in particular the last step which you feel stuck on, that will help resolve your personal issues. But perhaps that isn't where the answer lies?

There are many different forms of counselling, and millions of people seek help every year who've never had addiction issues. Instead of possibly pinning all the blame on alcohol (and again, apologies if that's not what you're doing), and only seeking solutions related to that, it might be worth looking into non-addiction based counselling in your area as well?

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the very best and hope you will find inner peace and happiness.