Old 11-15-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Step12 View Post
I've tried to sponsor always wanted to and like I said in the beginning there were women in my group that were complete sponsoring hogs they wouldn't let anybody touch anything I two women then I was going to sponsor both of them died from the disease but not while they were with me I didn't stay no I could've helped them if they just have read the literature and listen to me. I'm not talking about AA by any means I need to just except some help as well as want to get it you're right
that darn humility to reach out for help.....
darn pride and ego get in the way. ive been sober a while, have put in tremendous work on me, and i shouldnt need help!
yeah, darn pride and ego.
imo, one thing that can bugger me about some members of the fellowship is the thinkig that when were all jacked up- when theres been emotional and mental scars from our life popping up or problems on the homefront -we need to work the steps,get out and help another alcoholic, or bury ourselves in service work.
and thats not true.
the big book even says it isnt a cure all for everythingand encourages us to seek outside help.

step, theres some sub forums here-friends and family- with some very excellent wisdom from personal experience. theyre a great group of folks and quite a few from both sides of the fence.

sooo, something i think ya should do:
throw out that arse kikin machine
go look in the mirror right at yourself-right into your own eyes- and tell yourself you love you
then head over to the friends and family forum. check out the stickies and maybe surf tnrougb threads.

for every problem there is a solution.
we have to seek them.
good on ya for reaching out!