View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Midton

Back to the main theme.

I didn't drink at the restaurant yesterday. On the way home though we stopped off at the supermarket to buy some goodies to enjoy later, my new weekly binge. I bought tortilla chips, ice cream, some other snacks I like and then I thought about buying some chocolate liqueurs. I didn't though but sort of craved even the modest alcohol experience here.

At present I have a new but potentially worrying development which would certainly strengthen my battle against drinking. So, I haven't had a health check in about 10 years. I've always worked out, am never sick and eat healthily , for the most part. At almost 3 months sober I thought I'd check my blood pressure. It was shockingly high and has scared me I immediately made a doctors appointment for the coming week. I'm going to get my blood checked, urine work, diabetes check, chest X-ray as well as discussing my blood pressure. This is the kind of thing that relegates thought of drinking to somewhere far, far away. Choose life as the movie said.