View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Kiki, hang in there! Glad you are here posting. Try to surf all the way through those urges: your AV may scream at you "Drink!!! Buy alcohol!!!!" but continue that thought through. Then what will happen when you do that? You'll drink it, perhaps feel buzzed/numb, but then you'll feel guilt. You'll know that you don't want to be drinking. Then you'll wake up tomorrow with a hangover, anxiety, guilt, you name it. That is what drinking will do and that's where it will take you. Focus on that. I hope you are able to get out to see your sponsor, but if you can't, are you able to call them? You can make it through this! It will get better. No alcohol for me today. I'm at work, then an eye appointment, then home with Netflix and herbal tea. Take care, All!
Thanks SwimKim, your post really helped me! I've decided I am going to the meeting and nothing can "get me". I have this fear that alcohol has the ability to MAKE me drink it. Really crazy, huh? Here I go...I'm leaving my house as soon as I'm done typing this! Thanks and good luck to luck everyone!!!