Old 11-12-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hangnbyathread

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Addiction does everything it can to protect itself. That means blame-shifting and denial. To take responsibility for the consequences of our choices means having to deal with the addiction.

I had to learn to spend a lot less time trying to figure out why my addicted loved ones did and said the things they did and a lot more time figuring out why I accepted it.
I can't say this any better!!!!!

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
^^ yes-it is fascinating,,,,scary, and fascinating. It's almost the same as a pathological liar actually believing his lies-even when presented with evidence in front of him.

Honey-he is not going to be truthful with anyone, period, about his drinking. Don't expect him to be. He will do what alcoholics do-lie, blame, deny and distort....don't bite bc it just gets you back on the crazy train.

Peace to you today !
Again....couldn't do this any better, except to add that I thought maybe there was 2 separate issues with my ex. Her addictions (multiples) and her pathological lying. But I think they all sort of depend on each other as a protection net for them. I think they actually begin to believe the deceptions they create are real. Because eventually either nobody challenges them or nobody is around them long enough to know what is happening.