Old 11-12-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Liveitwell

^^ yes-it is fascinating,,,,scary, and fascinating. It's almost the same as a pathological liar actually believing his lies-even when presented with evidence in front of him. Denial is a very powerful thing. Birds of a feather do indeed flock together. I realized over the years that my ex didn't do anything that didn't involve drinking-and that is the only way he hung out with people-was to get drunk with them, so naturally those are drinking buddies. Of course they will defend him as they have been told lies and distorted truths to further paint himself as the victim and no address his drinking-pretty typical for an alcoholic and his crowd of flying monkeys! I recall when my ex was in rehab how he told me basically everyone he knew and hung out with was an alcoholic, that most of his family was an alcoholic, and that they should all go to rehab ! Funny how that all dried up when I didn't believe his words and instead focused on his actions. Your husband won't see what he doesn't wabt to see. Period. Have you impacted the marriage? I'm sure you have-none of us our blameless-marriages are tough, hard and a ton of work-and those are the good healthy marriages without addiction! All we can do is own our actions. Honey-he is not going to be truthful with anyone, period, abouthis drinking. Don't expect him to be. He will do what alcoholics do-lie, blame, deny and distort....don't bite bc it just gets you back on the crazy train.

Peace to you today !