Old 11-12-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dimndaruf

Birds of a feather flock together and stick up for each other

Thank GOD through the years of the alcohol abuse my AH has managed to maintain his job (I don't know how) but his friends haven't been so lucky. His closest friends are all drinking buddies (of course) and all of their lives seem to be unraveling one by one. His cousin (his bestie) got a DUI last year and had to find other work, his good friend also got a DUI a few years ago but still hasn't got his license back. His good friend/co-worker got a DUI about 6 months ago and its crumbling his marriage, he and his wife just bought a beautiful home a few years ago and they made a great combined income. Losing his license meant losing his job (needs CDL to work - city job) of about 10 years. The wife is p*ssed with him, doesn't sleep in the same room and barely talks or has sex with him. His other friend/co-worker is going through a divorce and when I ask why my AH says his friend has been complaining for years about their sex life. I am really cool with the wife but I don't want to reach out to her and pry (although I really do, I won't). They had their first child together about 2 years ago and I remember her telling me that her husband still hadn't "adjusted" to having a child. They also make a great combined income and have a beautiful home, they decided to have a child later in life (nothing wrong with that) but now things seem to be going downhill. My AH tells me that his friend is the one pushing for the divorce and that he's the one that's not happy. Funny...that's not the impression I got from the wife when I asked her how the baby was affecting their relationship, I remember her saying "some people still think they can behave the way they did before having a child". I just wonder....could the alcohol be the main factor in their divorce?

What I really would like to know is if my husband sees that the common denominator in our marriage issues along with his friends' marriage issues is alcohol. Or does he really think that "we have issues" and "they have issues". This is what he's been telling our families...our marriage is troubled not just because of alcohol but because of me and my behavior....HA!

Any thoughts???