View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DjSmithsfsd

Need opinions on this

Yesterday, I went to see a therapist for another perspective. I filled him in on the problems with my AH. He truly felt that I need to put my foot down through a letter and truly prepare myself to leave this marriage if things don't improve. I would love some input on the following letter:

Your addiction has become unmanageable. I can no longer stand by idly and watch you slowly kill yourself. You say you want to save our marriage, but there are some things that must happen in order for our marriage to be saved.
1. You must go to a doctor and have your liver enzymes checked. I am concerned for your health.
2. You must consider getting help for quitting drinking. This means going to a rehab center to hear your options.
3. You must continue to see your therapist and take tangible steps to better your life, such as getting a job.

I will not budge on this. Yes, it is an ultimatum. I will not stay and watch you kill yourself and ruin your life. As much as I love you, I deserve a partner that will work to give us the best life possible. Your disease is keeping you from being that partner.