View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saw1978
Sarah

Thank you, I appreciate all of your kind words!! I guess right now I'm just reeling from all that has recently gone on. Although this has been a battle that has gone on for some time this is my first experience with him going to a detox facility. Probably because it took years for him to progress to the heroin addict he became. I feel lost and alone. How do I anticipate or support recovery the right way when my husband the recovering Heroin/Pill addict feels so much pain from the physical issues that are present. He went to detox for one week. Came home and recovered for the next 1-2 wks and then once withdrawal side affects went decreased he has now been to the ER 2 times in the middle of the night when i couldn't go with him ( because we have a 4yr old and a 16 yr old) for help to stop the pain in his knees and back.... 1st visit he was given ambien to help him sleep and a dose of steroids which he has not filled... the last visit (2 days later) they gave him (6) 5mg percocets w/tylenol. He filled those before I even knew he was prescribed them. This has all happened in less then 1 month from the day he left for detox.... He went to one meeting and never returned and has rejected the D&A counselors suggestion that he enter intense outpatient rehab.... I feel he is avoiding any and all places that will tell him he can not use at all even with his bad knees and back..... Feeling Destined to repeat the past on the ride that only goes in circles.... I am Sorry, I want to be positive, I just don't know how. The percocets ran out yesterday. Regardless of the fact he never should have been taking them.... He said he told the ER doctor of his problem but I don't see how that is possible.... I plan to attend the local al anon meeting later this evening. But I cant help but think I already know what I should be doing. My kids are my life and my heart and soul. My husband has to at least want to be clean. I don't think he does. I think he wants a doctor to give him the reassurance that he needs pain meds to survive each day since he has 2 bad knees and a bad back at 40.... I lost my brother 11 years ago to a drug overdose. How do I put my kids through this with their dad. And how do I put my 16yr old through it again... I'm just so lost....
Hoping for some recovery/relapse tools because I am at a loss for how to support him at all. I am only told by him that I don't understand and I don't know how he feels....