Old 11-12-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Originally Posted by Startingover444 View Post
I think it is called the brains plasticity or something. I hear you on losing hope, but even now you sound stronger to me than you had been.

Often times the changes are there but we are expecting such big whopper like changes we don't notice the smaller ones.

Like sober wolf says, get there, it doesnt have to be gracefully
Yes, plasticity is something I've heard about too and wonder if I have--and hope I do. I think you're right about expecting/wanting big changes so not seeing the little ones. Last time I really bottomed, I did major therapy and healing work, I did see big changes. But there was a period where all I did was therapy. Hardest work I've ever done and I did make some huge changes.

So I've been of that mindset and not sure if I could dedicate my entire life to that kind of intensive healing work again. I've been thinking it needs to be that big again. But maybe it doesn't. My counselor always talks about small steps, just doing what you can. Kind of like Dee's quote I guess, doesn't matter how you get there. That's something to ponder.

I thought of my thing for today. And that is that I get up (mostly) every day. May be more cowardice or something far less than bravery or much will, But I have been actually getting up. That's a big deal some days.

Thanks for suggesting and encouraging me to do this.