View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Resetti

Trying to plan for a sober life

Now the worst of the physical withdrawal seems to have passed and I've had a little time to myself, I've started thinking about what I want to do with the rest of it.

My last post I said I was starting to feel like a grown up, so I guess this is me trying to figure out what I want to be when I'm all grown up. The truth is, I have absolutely no idea, at all.

I've got this strange sense of not really understanding what my life is about, what I'm aiming for, what I want to do with my time. So far I've never felt that, I was a kid so I didn't think that way, then I was a drunk so my life goals were simple: get drunk. Then I was withdrawing, I was just trying to get through.

Now what?

The only thing I could think to do that was good is I joined this charity where you give up your time to talk to lonely elderly people who have no one else. It's not really a plan, but it feels like something that I can grasp in my mind and go "that's a good thing, there's a point to it".

As for everything else, I have no idea . Maybe if I think of one good thing to do a week I'll start to find an answer.