View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Plink

Please tell me how....

I am new here and new to this whole drug thing......our son is 42. He has lost everything, his home, his car, his job and custody of his daughter. We did an intervention back in May which of course, he walked away from. he has spent time in jail (never for drugs) PFA violations.

He finally decided to go for help. Not the Rehab we wanted but, one close to home, he was only in 20 days. Not enough time for someone who has been using for years and has the issues he has.

He is out now. Staying at some Motel. Has not found a job yet. Still asking for money for gas etc. which we are not giving him.

How do they "start over"? he does not have a liscence so he should not be driving.

DD's friend saw him walking in her neighborhood this morning and she is petrified that he is coming to her house to ask for money! He has a very bad temper and will let loose anywhere and anytime!
Hubby went over to be there with her in case he stopped but he did not.

How do we continue to live like this?

I want so badly to bring him home and let him stay here till he can find a job!! But, he is old enough to be doing this on his own!!

I think he is thinking that "OK, I did my part, went to Rehab and now you ,my family are not supporting me".

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is this our life forever and ever?