View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friend Of Bill

if our manner is calm, open and frank we will be gratified

Good morning actually on page 83 it suggests each morning in meditation that we ask for him to show us the way of patience tolerance kindliness and love. So what does that mean well it means that we have just followed the previous steps we have faced our past in step 4 we did the resentments cause and effects the fourth column looking at where we were selfish dishonest self-seeking and afraid a fear inventory and a inventory then got rid of it in 6 & 7 so we faced and got rid of the things in our selves which were blocking us from the sunlight of the Spirit we did step 5 we sat down for a long talk this is where we begin to see the patterns of our behavior how fear controlled our lives in the sex inventory in page 69 3rd paragraph the first question whom did I hurt we see how our behavior and conduct hurt everyone's lives we touched by doing step 4 out of the big book we're able to see exactly to what extent we harmed an injured others our fourth step is our 8th step list it is our ninth step reference book okay so how do we make amends simply means to change not to say I'm sorry by working the prior steps now we are aware and have an understanding how are fear and selfishness destroyed our relationships with people never caring about the feelings of others only getting and doing what we wanted when we wanted the hopes of step 4 was to be convinced that our conception of God could remove the self which had blocked us from him I don't know what you think about a higher power naa you get to choose your own conception that's why I'm not saying the word a lot but the first step talks about alcohol the rest of the steps help us perform spiritual surgery to unblock ourselves from the sunlight of the Spirit after step 5 second paragraph on page 75 are the step 5 promises they happen after your 5th step you sit for an hour do six and seven 8 is already finished now we make amends and live 10 11 and 12 a day at a time we discover one day at a time on page 84 third paragraph tells us we vigorously commence this way of living as we clean up the past so in step 10 our sanity is returned the problem is removed we begin to sense the flow of his spirit into us if we have carefully followed directions to this point that's the bottom of page 85 six sentences up from the bottom are thinking is cleared of wrong motives so now we have a spiritual awakening we have the tools to not react to life the way we used to now some of the best amends we can make the people is to simply leave them alone prior to doing an we say the seventh step prayer that's on page 76 second paragraph and bring our higher power with us were there to sweep off our side of the street we are now properly armed with the facts about ourselves we let people know I'm aware that because I was so afraid I acted this certain way to you that I hurt you I was being very selfish it wasn't my intention and I would do my best not to repeat it again the wording is optional you get the idea demands that we have to make for things that we didn't do you're probably asking what do I mean well for instance the amends of omission you needed me and I wasn't there for you I put other things ahead of you weather was drugs alcohol work I didn't think of your needs and for that I'm sorry and we work on changing that being there for people on page 82 11 sentences from the bottom it tells us that we should sit with the family with our wives mothers husbands and mothers and tell them thank you as well for putting up and being there for us our behavior will convince people more than our words step 9 says we must not shrink we must take the bit into our teeth we have decided to go to any lengths for victory over alcohol for a spiritual experience we must not balk at this step we learn to know what people to just simply stay away from our sanity our peace recovery comes first we learn to trust and rely on are higher power our very lives depend on the constant thought of others and how we may help meet their needs I hope this was a little helpful... like it says on the top of page 63 the step 3 promises if we keep close to him and perform his work well he will provide what we need