View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Calm and cool is good key I find now that I'm older that I thrive when things in my life are simple and predictable.

Oh snooz, yes, we need to be here for each other! I know you have been through so much. Hugs

I've been trying to accurately describe the difference between me and my life sober vs drinking but this is a quick word association simply put:

Drinking: messy, disorganized, flustered, feeling victimized, exhausted, forgetful, messy house, confused, impatient, stifled spiritually and emotionally, bloated, checked out from my kids, poor sleep, miserable mornings...

Sober: well rested, organized, tidy house, fulfilled, daily exercise, prepared, confident, healthy, happy mornings, attentive mother, optimistic, rational, grateful ....

I know it's all been said before, by myself and many others but sometimes you just have to put it out there. The difference for me is night and day and it happens quickly, in either direction.
I really, really want to stay just like this.

Ten seconds at a time, great advice again Dee,

Have a great day everyone. I PROMISE to reach out later if (when) AV rears its ugly head.