Old 11-10-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ambuler

We alcoholics are natural manipulators...

So I wonder when we post in the middle of drinking, and ask for advice, or help, are we not just trying to get attention? I think that it's great that we have an avenue such as this to reach out when we are in need. However, I wonder if it's healthy, especially to those that have little time of sobriety, to post that we are halfway through X amount of whatever and that we need help. I personally find these particular posts quite triggering. Maybe that's just me being selfish and self-centered, but I can tell you right now that when I'm thinking of drinking, for whatever reason, I sometimes purposefully look for these posts and use them as a reason to go out and drink again. I know, that sounds crazy...I guess I'm looking for some insight on how to look at these particular posts in a different light, because to be perfectly honest, they kind of tick me off. Also, I stop myself from posting when I'm feeling like going out and getting alcohol, or when I've already gone out and gotten some because I don't want to trigger someone the way that I would be triggered. Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated!