Old 11-10-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Justincredible

Finding,

I could have written this post, honestly! I am at the 11th month mark and am involved in AA. I have a sponsor who is encouraging me to do the exact same thing! She is pressuring me to get a home group because my 1 year is just around the corner and she wants me to get my medallion and give a speech and all that. I feel I have made tremendous progress this year and am stoked to get my one year but I would like to do it in a little quieter way. I'll still get my medallion and maybe say a few words but I'd like to pass on the pageantry with cake and all the extra stuff. Maybe its just part of my introverted nature to not want to do it that way, maybe next year will be different, I like to keep an open mind, but as of right now I'm just not that into it.

I like the advice here and am glad I came across this post! I suggest doing what really feels right for you man, thats what I'm thinking in my case. There is no 100% right answer and we can't please all people all the time. Learning to say no is something I still need to grow into a little more.