View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lucie29

Alcohol ruins lives

Everything in my life that has been negative has been because of alcohol. Lost jobs, relationships, friendships, legal issues, etc. I've been going to school for the last 8 months, completed the course and the state board test, and applied for my license, (medical field). I did not disclose a past DUI on my application because it was dropped, and I was never convicted of it. My lawyer at the time told me it would never show up on a background check for employment, and the only way it would come back to haunt me is if I got a second DUI. Well, I checked the status online today of my application, and it say the background check is still pending due to a "charge" that was not disclosed. They are sending me a letter in the mail explaining the charge and what steps I must take next to get licensed. I am freaking out that if the board decides to deny me, my career is over. Just another example of how I've destroyed my own life because of drinking. Just praying I can dig myself out of this one. It's crazy to think of where I could be and how successful I would be had I never drank alcohol. This ends now. I am 30 years old and already regret the last 15 years of my life. I can't emotionally deal with any more destruction. Thanks for letting me vent!