Old 11-09-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Friend Of Bill

the only book which contains directions for the 12 steps is the book Alcoholics Anonymous

The fourth step an autobiography the directions are between pages 64 and 69 it's a fact finding fact facing process not a feeling finding process we simply put it on paper go to the next one put it on paper go to the next one don't dwell don't reminisce don't daydream you get caught up in all these and feelings and emotions and close the book we simply face the facts we list people with whom we are angry we ask ourselves why we are angry and it's usually our self-esteem fear Security personal relationships sexual relationships pocketbook and ambition which are affected after making a three columns I'm resentful at the cause 8 words or less affects my we move on example I'm resentful at my dad he lied to me affects my self esteem fear Security personal relationship now the key to the future is the fourth column the turnaround without the fourth column we are on able to do steps 5 6 7 9 10 11 the fourth column simply asks where was I selfish what did I want or not want where am i dishonest how did I justify being angry the lie I told myself where was I self-seeking did I confront you or argue put you down in front of others we're stuffed the feelings what was I afraid of I'm resentful at my dad he lied to me it affected my self esteem fear Security personal relationship where was a selfish I didn't want him to lie where was I just honest I never lied where was I self-seeking I stuffed the feelings what was I afraid of not being loved now there's a fear column then a sex inventory I put each relationship down and ask myself 10 questions where was I selfish dishonest inconsiderate whom did I hurt did I unustifiably arouse jealousy suspicion or bitterness where was I at fault what should I have done instead was it selfish or not it was about my conduct my behavior in each relationship this process helps me become convinced that God can remove whatever self has blocked me off on him it sets us free step 5 is where we feel where we go deep where we become free step 10 11 and 12 are the maintenance steps we practice these three steps one day at a time for the rest of our lives self inventory pray and meditation and help others the process of facing and get rid of the things within myself which are blocking me enables me to discover one day at a time