View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Another sober weekend under my belt! YES!

This weekend I had a houseful, and I loved it. My house is way too quiet today. My dad and step-monster, my son, his girlfriend and my granddaughter, my sister and my two aunts stayed for the weekend.

On Friday, my step monster had a box of wine in her room, and really thought I didn’t know. I teased my dad about his bottomless glass of wine. He laughed, and said he didn’t want to temp me. I told him it doesn’t bother me as I was past the point of no return. My sister and my step-monster over indulged and were pretty loaded by the end of the evening. Trying to have a conversation with a drunk person has it’s own challenges, but it was stressful because my step monster suffers from narcissistic personality disorder (imagine the light bulb when I finally diagnosed her mental state not too long ago) and the wine only made her more intolerable. We had to ignore her strikes against us, her inflated ego, judgments and self righteous attitude all evening. I really wanted to blast her a few times, but said nothing. Nobody said anything to challenge her, and she stormed off like a little kid more then once. It really bothered the step monster that she was not receiving the kind of attention that she so craved. I felt sorry for my aunts, but they too have steeled themselves from her behaviour over the many, many years of having her as part of the family. I really came out on top at the end of the day because we all just ignored her, and kept turning the focus back to my dad, because in fact, we were celebrating him.

Saturday passed by with no fanfare and it was peaceful as my parents went home and I had a really good visit with my aunts and my granddaughter. It wasn’t until this morning that I remembered it was day 200!