View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Juno11

Morning all...

Looking4aWagon - thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I'm feeling a little better today. I guess sadness is something we all experience now and then. The good news is that I'm not drinking over it anymore!

Day 30 today!!! Not the first time in my life I've made it to Day 30, but the first time in a while. I'm proud of myself for taking the steps I needed to do to get here. The Campral seemed to help so I'm keeping that going and going to see my doctor (psychiatrist) this week. Also, hope to to hit up a SMART meeting this week. Keep up with yoga, and maybe some running. Okay, onward!!!

RE: flying, these days I only fly about 1-2 times per year and that's enough for me. I don't have to fly for work and my parents moved to be near me, so I only fly for fun stuff and holidays. Last year I flew a couple of times and it all went fine...

However, I noticed a big difference in my attitude when I fly when drinking vs. not:

Flying completely sober: Oh God, I hope this plane doesn't crash. Please God, don't let this plane crash, I have a lot more living to do. I need to see my dog again! I'm not ready to die. Oh look at that guy over there - he looks suspicious. I hope he's not a terrorist. I hope this plane has no mechanical problems...

Flying while drinking: Wheee!!! This is fun! I like this drink!! I'm having fun and I'm on vacation! Wheeee! I don't even care if the plane crashes!!!

Having said that, I have not had drinks the last few times flying and for good reasons. I need to be clear headed when travelling to remember my things, not leave anything on the plane (I've done that before!), be clear headed at my desination, and not have to nurse a hangover when I arrive

I'm off to work soon. Happy to be at 30 days and was hoping to buy myself a present. I'll think of something