View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Saskia

Itchy - hah! If this were a nursing home I doubt the residents would be asking for tech help - I'm not quite that far gone yet
This is actually a fancy "retirement" community where they have 3 levels of living - independent, assisted and skilled nursing. It's in independent where it gets challenging. From what I'm seeing, as I age I'm planning on going lower tech. What I see happening with many at the older end (eg 85 and up) is that some who are used to fancy systems can no longer grasp how to use them nor do they remember from one day to the next after you show them. I should add, however, that we have some in their 90s who are as sharp as a tack still (and some who are not so economically-advantaged). I like your solution, though!

Gilmer, great to see you

Both Gilmer and Toots are from my March 2013 class (I was originally in May 2012 - also OLL's class) and both have been a huge help to me as I struggled for a very long time. And I've met with both f2f which was awesome :-). It felt like we'd known each other for a long time.

Have a lovely day, Overs!