View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

I haven't seen the uber video, but I know about the dining hall video. I do try to avoid watching those as I am vehemently against internet shaming.
I feel very fortunate that none of my drunk shenanigans were caught on camera. Like you, I tend to think of myself as a good person. That said, I do know that when drunk I have done things wildly out of character.

In the end, we all make mistakes, drunk or not. What those folks (and others) did WAS offensive and wrong. I tend to disagree with your comment though, that the public ridicule is justified.
This is a really thoughtful article. I never really participated in the internet shaming stuff before reading this, but after reading this I absolutely never share, like or comment on anything remotely bashing someone else's poor choices. As you said, it could have been me in their shoes. 'Overnight, everything I loved was gone': the internet shaming of Lindsey Stone | Technology | The Guardian

Lastly I will repeat an Italian saying I have shared hundreds of times. "Male non fare, paura non avere" which translates to "don't do anything wrong and you have nothing to fear" Keep staying sober and being the good person you are, you don't have to worry about doing something stupid during a drunken bender.