View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
saraylah

The question is , IS Your friend who is having this paranoia sober or in active addiction? There is a difference in the state of paranoia when a person is high than when a person is sober and just experiencing anxiety attacks. The paranoia I had when I used sounds alot like your friends paranoia. If i was with a group of friends I was paranoid that they were plotting to kill me. When I was with my ex and we were high together he would start singing about all kinds of crazy stuff and I thought he was secretly telling me how he was going to get me and kill me. Now that I am sober, sometimes I may feel the anxiety just enough to get me antsy. Not too long ago I had an anxiety attack that caused me to have to go to a friend's house because I was thinking someone was following me to car jack me and kill me. Sounds so freaking silly and I could not believe that I was actually feeling that way sober but there I was and even my friend said that when I started telling her that someone was following me she thought I had relapsed but she saw that I had my children with me and could tell that I was sober and she knew I was just experiencing an anxiety attack...I was also having post partum depression at the time cause I had just had my son who is seven months now. Anyway we cannot give medical advice on this forum but your friend sounds like they are actively using or maybe having some onset of a mental disorder. They need to go see a doctor. I hope they find help some way. If I were you I would let them know that I would not be answering their calls anymore because of the way you are being treated. YOU do not need to be part of anyone's delusion. NO matter how much of a friend they are to you and you to them, sometimes for your own well being you need to step away. If they really wanted to get help they would. Mental disorder or active addiction, when you get tired of an unhealthy life you will seek help from somewhere. Stay safe and do not carry anyone else's baggage. They do not care enough about themself to seek the help they certainly are going to care about you and how their delusions are making you feel.