Thread: New Day 2
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BellJar7

Originally Posted by CurlyGirl1978 View Post
Belljar7, what's funny is that when you are going through something some else is going through the exact same thing. I'm on day 2 as well and had a great night of sleep last night, and got up at 6 surprisingly. I did rest most of the day, posted on SR, did the dishes, and took a little walk. It's all up to you, your body will let you know. Congrats!
Ha! Minus the walk, our day sounds similar. I did the dishes and a load of laundry to feel like I contributed at home, but I fell asleep while the kids napped and I think I slept for two hours!

I didn't feel up to cooking, so Domino's was ordered in a pinch. I'm wiped, but I'm also feeling inspired to do something I'm passionate about... write again. I swung by Wally World before picking up our pizzas and bought a bunch of notebooks and new pens (anyone else obsessed with pens like I am? No? Okay).

In my drunken state, I became that stupid obnoxious writer characterized in movies, weeping over a glass of scotch, lamenting, "I'm just not doing what I should be doing! I should be writing!!!" And my husband would always say, "Then write." But unlike Hemingway, I couldn't write drunk.

It feels like sober me is seeing the tiny cracks of light in the cave, and inspiration is hitting for the first time in years. It's exciting and terrifying and is igniting my perfectionism like none other, but I'm still going to put pen to page, even if it's garbage that spews out.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings here, and for reminding me that I'm not the only one.