View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Soberish

Yea you know this has gotten way out of hand. I heard about this through my mom today. The day my sister went to the hospital, she text messaged me on my phone later that evening. She wanted to see how I was doing and stuff and because she ran into someone I used to work with she decided to contact me. I don't really hear much from her nowadays so I thought this was strange. Well come to find out a couple days later through what my older niece told my mom, it was one of the nurses there that remembered me. She didn't tell me she was in the hospital for ODing and she seemed fine through text message, when I say fine she seemed happy and in a good mood. She is completely oblivious to everything, I would think being in the hospital for ODing would make you worried/sad/depressed maybe but not happy. Every time she has ODed I guess someone, whether it be my mom or my older niece, has seen her having complications with breathing while she was sleeping/passed out so they have had to call the ambulance on her.

I know my mom has made the efforts to go to the police about this issue at least twice. She was asking if there was anything to do to get custody of my 10 year old niece, and I don't know the exact details but I do remember the officer saying to contact them anytime she feels the need to get things documented.

The principal at the school did say she was filing a negligence report because she was fed up with my sister. The principal had to take my niece with her to a dentist appointment because she could not get a hold of anybody to pick her up. When she did get a hold of my mom, they had a conversation about my sister and that's when she said that CPS makes their efforts to go and see the place but they give a 10 day notice beforehand and as long as there is electricity, food, water and a well kept place there is usually nothing they can do. I am very glad this principal is filing this report because my sister needs a major wake up call.

Everyone is so fed up with this and it has only gotten worse because now we have my older niece trying to cover this up. The only reason my mom found out was because of the principal calling her. My mom then tried to call my sister and my older niece with no answer. My mom was worried so my brother took her to my sisters and the car was there but they couldn't get anyone to answer. She was standing on the porch and mentioning calling the police to my brother AND THEN my niece answered the door. Absolutely annoying that she was there trying to ignore my brother and mom because she was trying to cover up her mom ODing. She is completely oblivious as well.

I am going to talk with my mom about this some more. I have no problem going to the police every single time this happens but I am rarely in the area anymore. My mom has had my younger niece since this has happened, so I am grateful for that. My sister must know through my older niece and has made no efforts to try and call my mom because she knows she messed up again. I think my mom should try and call the police again, possibly a lawyer too, or even periodically go over to my sisters house to catch her all loaded up to call the police. Something needs to change this time around, even if it's only for my younger niece. She is so smart, has great grades, an excellent outgoing personality, and a fantastic sense of humor to name a few things. She has so much potential and doesn't deserve this.