Thread: New Day 2
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BellJar7

New Day 2

Went to bed last night not drunk, which was fun. I actually fell asleep without any problems and stayed asleep. I got a good solid seven hours and woke up at 6 because my husband had to go to work today. I didn't want him to have to eat breakfast in the dark house alone while the kids slept, so I got up to join him. That's something I could not have done if I had drank the night before. I would have still been drunk or terribly hung over. That felt really good.

I went back to bed and slept some more, because I am just TIRED. I know others have been talking about this subject lately. It's so weird- I feel healthier overall even after just one day, and I know my sleep last night was more restful than it usually is, but it's like my body just craves to take things slow today. I was going to clean the carpets in the hallway, but I don't know that I have the energy today.

I may just listen to my body and take things easy. My husband is between jobs right now and took a job for a farmer during harvest season hauling his crop to the gin. It's not glamorous, but it brings in money, so we're both grateful for that. While he's having to work on Saturdays (long hours too), I feel like I should be working around the house too.

Maybe I can motivate myself to take care of a few things. Do I listen to my body and rest, or get up and push through it?

BellJar