Thread: Feeling so down
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Liveitwell

Tangled-oh friend-I could have written your post word for stinkin word about 6 months ago. Word.for.word. In fact, I think I may have a few times I know you are hurting and confused and angry and.....it's all normal and part of the process. Yes, he's trying to manipulate you to play his little game again. If he can rope you back in again then everything is normal again. My ex did the same thing. Right around the time I heard he was bragging about some new lady (couple months after divorce) was the same time he was texting me telling me he just wanted to be my husband. When I did finally give in and respond telling him I supported him making good healthy choices with his life he bit my head off in a response and spewed more verbal abuse and completely fabricated stories. Hmm. Actions, friend, not words. Alcoholics will do anything to not face themselves-it's actually quite common for an alcoholic to jump right in bed with someone else after claiming to love you. Doesn't make it easy, but know it is common-it allows them to focus on someone new and again, increas the denial and not look at themselves. I too turned into quite the monster myself until I found recovery a few years ago. Total work I'm progress, friend. Give yourself some grace. Feel what you feel. It will get better. Let his new enablers care for him and try to "help" him. He wants that bc he cannot or will not help himself. Peace to you