View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Originally Posted by Midton View Post

When I'm drinking weekly these exact same craving are too difficult to ignore and I cave, making it difficult for me to start a period of sobriety.
Exactly, Midton! I like the way you said that. Same goes for me. I've read on here that it's easier to stay sober than to get sober, and so far I'm finding that to be true.
So I read the links from Dee last night, and when I got to the "relapse signs" I was alarmed that everyone of them applied to me. Yikes! But I thought, "I haven't done it yet, it's not too late for me". So I kept reading and thinking about the plan I need to implement effectively immediately. "The plan" really isn't as daunting as I made it out to be in my head. I was pleasantly surprised at how simple it can be. Today I haven't really thought about drinking, but I went to a meeting after work for good measure. One lady was kinda beating me with the big book and the steps, but that's ok, I can take it, I just don't want to drink today.
Alright everybody, lookin good!! Sounds like some fun plans for the weekend - enjoy!!