Thread: Feeling so down
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thomas45

Originally Posted by Tangled34 View Post
Should I ignore these kind of texts or what should I do? If anything happened to him and I didn't respond how could I live with that?
If something bad happened to him and he has the physical capacity to call someone on a phone, he should be calling either police, or an ambulance, or a fire truck. If it's an emergency, he can call emergency services. If it isn't an emergency, he can wait until morning and call you like a normal person. Either way, he doesn't need to be ringing you at silly hours. You aren't his personal savior at 11:30pm, you need to live your own life and let yourself get back to normal. If he replaced you already, let his newfound fling handle the midnight phone calls because it's not your responsibility to cushion the repercussions of his addiction. You know that a late night phone call like that will just result in a drunken conversation most likely.

We're so used to walking on eggshells during the relationship and keeping one eye on the phone for "emergencies" that it's hard for us to break away from that bad habit once the relationship is over.

Edit: him doing that to you is a form of manipulation. He's flexing his power over you to make you jump.