Thread: Step 1
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 05:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sarahjangel1
Just for today...

Who is an addict?

Who is an addict? Most of do not have to think twice about this question.WE KNOW.Our whole life and thinking was centered in drugs in one form or another-the getting and using and finding means and ways to get more.We lived to use and used to live.Very simply,an addict is a man or woman whose life is controlled by drugs.We are people in the grip of as continuing and progressive illness whose ends are always the same: jails, institutions, and death. Basic text p.3

I am an addict. When I was active in my addiction, there wasn't anything I wouldn't do for my drugs. At times, I put myself in extreme danger to get them.My whole world centered around the drugs and hiding my pain. Until recently, I didn't know how to feel. I hid my feelings so long that when I started to acknowledge them,it was very difficult...Now I feel, relieved. All the baggage that I had been carrying around with me for years, is gone..It didn't just vanish, I will always remember, but I have made my peace with them..It took alot of hard work & difficulty to deal with them..The first step is to admit you are powerless and surrender...just for today..I am living an honest program..