Thread: Hey guys
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SDH73

Hey guys

Been keeping a low profile for the last few months. Sometime in August I started trying to drink moderately. It has progressed to the point where I need to quit completely (again). At first it was a couple of beers a couple of times a week, then 4-6 beers 4 or 5 times a week, then making sure I had enough beer to get drunk. Then I started bringing the vodka home again.

I've been gathering up a few sober days here and there, just killed off ten consecutive by drinking again a couple of days ago. It's pretty hard being right back here at square one.

I've read many others' posts about how moderating won't work for us, but yeah, guess I thought I was different. Now I know, that's not going to work for me.

So, here I am, starting over at day 2. Need to get some mojo back. Over the last few weeks I've really seen what a dangerous path I'm on and have been telling myself "no more." But then there's more. So rather than waiting until I have some good sober time under my belt to start posting again I thought I'd just throw myself back into the forum now. Not getting any support outside of here so this is my lifeline.

Thanks, all.