View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
thomas11

Hi Whopper, that was painful to read. I will share with you what I can and hope it will give you something to chew on. I was in your exact situation, except I was 29. I spent the necessary amount of time to get my head together, formulated a plan and then one day put it in motion. I did not want to do it, I didn't particularly like doing it, but I knew I HAD to do it, if I wanted to salvage my life. Without going into too much detail, I wrote a thesis to the head of my college department professor and he granted me my degree (he said it was excellent and deserving of receiving my official piece of paper). I then went and got a job as a customer service rep in a large call center. Worst job in the world, and most of these people were fresh out of college (21-22). They always went out after work to party it up, I went home....to my parents house. I saved enough money to buy a townhouse. Then I got laid off just like you. I started a business, I owned that company until last week. Now, I'm starting over once again, but have a whole new set of life experience to tackle it this time around. Did I think about suicide in those early years? Of course, who wouldn't. But dammit, that was the easy way out, and that ain't me. So I ventured out of my comfort zone, and good things happened. And I'm about to do it again. As far as a SO went, I couldn't care about anyone else until I got my own poop in a group, and when I did, I met one and married her. Been 12 years (I think). You can do it too. Keep us posted and I wish you the best.