View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GotItThisTime

Ugh, drinking has DEFINITELY made me feel intensely depressed, maybe even a little suicidal. And I know it was from drinking or the repercussions of drinking, because I don't generally have that level of depression (and definitely no thoughts of suicide) when I'm sober.

One thing I do have to remind myself is that I'm not always going to be super happy cheery. That there will be times when I feel down, even depressed or anxious, but that's normal. And I have to just let myself feel how I feel and not try to drink it away, because the feelings always come back except worse. And if I don't drink, I might be cranky one night, but I feel better about myself the next day.

It sucks that your last job screwed you over, but unfortunately that happens. I hope you are able to find something new. I'm lost without work. I need the structure in my life as well as the social aspect. Even a crappy job for me is better than no job.

No matter what, you've always got people here to talk to! Have you considered attending AA? Might be a good way to make some friends who are also sober.