View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hi all - just checking in. End of Day 25. I'm really tired today so tried to relax a bit more than usual tonight.

I had a my first wine cravings this afternoon/evening and it kind of sucked. I plowed through them. They weren't too bad, just annoying. I thought that I wanted to be "an adult" and enjoy "an adult beverage" - that's how my mind was thinking. Then, as I went to pick up my son at his shuttle bus stop, I saw a group of women at an outdoor cafe enjoying food and what looked like a large bottle of white wine, sitting in the sun on a beautiful fall day. I found myself staring the the bottle to see if it was indeed wine or some other beverage. Then I had to snap myself out of it and remind myself that I can't do that. It leads to nothing good.

Anyway..... got through okay. Meeting a friend for dinner tomorrow night. She's not much of a drinker, so it won't be hard for me to explain that I'm not drinking. Surprisingly, she doesn't even think I have a drinking problem and keeps inviting me to come to wine events out in California with her.... good thing California is pretty far away G'night!