Old 11-04-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

do you feel any better knowing we have a dead RAT in a wall somewhere and have lived with the aroma of DEATH for over a week??? most every year, right around my BD (10/27) we get ONE hairy visitor....one year the visitor was upstairs and ran right past me ON my BD when i was bare foot going for coffee.

we have leak near the chimney somewhere, so it has been wrapped most elegantly in tarp since LAST years rainy season.

we have asbestos insulation in at least ONE exterior wall in the basement - which is also where the "visitor" gets in....and we can't find the access portal yet.

when we bought the house 8 years ago it was appraised at MORE than the sale price so we had instant equity. and then a year later, the bottom fell out of the real estate market and we were $100,000 UNDER water. we are still closing that gap.

the freezer in our side by side fridge is now forming a glacier in the bottom to the point where i fear it will just freeze shut one day.

shall i go on????

i hear you and i feel you, Lex. home ownership, supposedly the goal of EVERY American, ain't for everyone!

but dang it, when i pulled into the drive tonite and saw the soft yellow lighting thru the front windows, and my dogs wiggling with delight to see Mama come home, I, for a minute at least, forgot all about that crap.