Old 11-04-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
THippy

[QUOTE=AnvilheadII;5627363]

it sounds like everything in your world centers around whether he is drinking or not.....and how drunk he gets by what time and how you might have to work your schedule around the guy sleeping it off in the barcolounger.

[\QUOTE]

I can see why it looks that way. My posts have been about his drinking and the problems I have with it in the context of this forum. Actually, I spend a lot of time on volunteer work, hobbies and our very large family. During the week, AH and I get along pretty well if I haven't engaged in arguments with him during the weekend. It's his weekends with the booze that are causing problems for me. And the fact that it doesn't bother him that that's the case. It's true that a good day for me = a day he doesn't drink. I know I need work in this area. I should have good or bad days of my own, regardless of his actions. That's why I'm here.

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
i also personally believe that if we have problems with the way someone else drinks, seek out support and information for that, then we shouldn't turn around and sit down and drink WITH them......bit like sharing a box of Krispy Kremes with someone who is morbidly obese or diabetic............
There are times that I drink with him, not because I necessarily want a drink but because if I share a bottle of wine with him, then he can't drink the whole bottle himself. Controlling. I have identified that as a mistake on my part and have decided not to do that anymore. (See! Progress already!)
But there are also times when I would enjoy a glass of wine with dinner. Shouldn't I be able to do that? Isn't that me making choices for myself just as I'm to accept that he makes his own choices? Isn't this a case of each of us being responsible for our own sides of the street, as they say? I may have it entirely wrong. I'm still learning here.
I feel like a baby giraffe whose legs aren't quite holding him up yet. I have the legs, I have some understanding of how the legs are supposed to work. But they're still wobbly.
I appreciate the input from everyone.