View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Juno11

Sorry about your cold, Grizzly! I can relate. I've had a cold for the better part of the last two weeks and it sucks and I just started feeling like it's the new normal - feeling crappy. Today I feel a little better so there is hope!

On the positive side, I'm sober, through Day 24, no cravings, no issues with alcohol. This does seem to get easier with each passing day. Repaving the pathways in the brain to not think of the "go to" fix for every problem, which for me was wine. I'm still on the Campral and plan to stay on it for a while because it seems to be helping (on top of everything else I'm doing.)

I'm a little sad tonight because my daughter told me she's starting to get depressed again. Nothing to take the wind out of your sail like a depressed kid, whom you love very much and feel helpless to help. Ugh. I'm not prone to depression myself but when those I care about are depressed it's hard to keep upbeat and happy. I'm trying to maintain my positive outlook. It's very hard!

Okay, time to rest.

p. s. Sydneyman - congrats on 30 days! And Beeme on 34! And everyone else racking up the days!