Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

My run is done. Unbelievable that I was able to run in short sleeves and short pants when the calendar is reading November.

I don't suffer from low self esteem, but I got two big boosters today and who doesn't like that? The first was from my 26 year old nephew who ran his first marathon on Sunday, the little jaunt known as the NYC Marathon. I didn't give him too many physical training tips, but I did talk to him while he was preparing about the mental aspects of marathon racing and what this race in particular would be like. He called today to thank me and to tell me that more than once my words helped him get through the inevitable difficult patches.

The second positive feedback is still ongoing and it's coming from a photography site that is stocked with many professional and high level amateur photographers. Yesterday I submitted some pictures I took last weekend for critique and criticism and the responses have been filled with praise.

My plans for tonight are to cook pork chops in a to be determined manner and serve them with roasted asparagus. After that I'll probably read. Also on my to do list is buy my book club book since our next meeting is in a little over four weeks.