View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
PennyLane76

Jeff, sorry your wife is still dealing with those awful shingles. Sorry for those dealing with anxiety and depression . I know how much that sucks. Woke up in panic too this am due to work stuff... One of those where all day I would plan when my first drink would be, but now it's the last thing I want, finally! Just try to hold onto that, alcohol is like a runaway rolling boulder increasing speed, then it crushes you.

idk, everyone is different for what works for anxiety .. exercise, herbs, CBT, meds, meditation, counseling. Hope your dr. Is helpful to you Patricia sorting out whats best for you. I think the psych was key for me, he put his finger on why SSRIS didn't work for me in the past and why I turned to alcohol to numb out anxiety. Still have bouts of completely freaking out, but not running to the bottle now when it happens.

Key hope you are feeling better. It IS hard when we feel ignored or unheard by loved ones.

Everyone take care, each one of us deserves our peace and happiness. You are all wonderful, kind people, such a great class. It's such a struggle sometimes, but I think each of us will find that peace we are looking for. I am not there yet either, but have hope now it's going to happen. Alcohol killed my hope, for years.