View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
gforce

Great Answer....

Originally Posted by eddie z.
Sounds like classic symptom of major depression—anhedonia, which means "without pleasure." You're not interested in anything, can't find pleasure or fun in anything. Right?

I am so glad to finally see someone place a name to exactly what I feel. "Anhedonia" is exactly, dead on what my feelings are. The sad thing is that I am seeing a doctor (shrink) and we have never talked about the name of what it is that I am truly SUFFERING with or from. Thank goodness, it has not ruined my clean and sober time, but it certainly not from the lack of trying. I, for now, am just to damn bull headed to cave into these feelings and use them as an excuse to throw away my eight months, four days of clean and sober time.

Thank you so very much for your response and your label that finally gives a name to my plight. SR never ceases to amaze me with the tons of valuable information that people post here every day. Most of the time with my depression, social anxiety and my episodes of schizophrenia, I truly rely on this site for the inspiration to continue on a great deal of the time.

Best wishes and good luck to all,

G-Force

Last edited by pedagogue; 06-21-2005 at 03:48 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag